CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2011

Komen Race for The Cure

On April 9, I will be participating in the Ft. Worth Race for the Cure 5k walk. It is the first time I will be participating in such an event.

I'm walking because I want to make a difference. I want to help raise funds to fight this horrible disease.

Cancer has affected my life in more ways than one. & when my mom got a Breast Cancer scare late in 2010, after being in remission, it scared me. I don't want to lose her. There has already been too many lives affected by this horrible disease. It's like a frat boy making notches on his headboard. It needs to stop!!

Then, this week, I read a story about the youngest Breast Cancer survivor; Aleisha Hunter. She was two when she was diagnosed. Two!! That's younger than my sweet Alexandra. I can't even imagine what the parents must have thought. How do you even go about explaining something like Cancer to a 2 yo??

Aleisha underwent a mastectomy and had sixteen lymph nodes removed. She did not have to undergo Chemo or Radiation. And is currently a healthy 4 yo little girl.

What a wonderful ending to her story!!

Now, I would love to see Breast Cancer end. I want it to go away. I want us to find a cure. To fight. To be Brave. To band together and beat this horrible disease.

I have a goal of $500 dollars to raise by April 9. I know I can do it!!
If you would like to help me achieve my goal, you can make a donation here. Any amount will help and get US closer to our goal; A cure.

Thank you so much for your time & consideration.

God Bless!! <3

0 comments: