CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

April Showers.. Brings Tons of Flowers

Nature is such a big part of my family's life. Everything from animals to plants and flowers.

My mom has always loved wild flowers. I remember, as a child, we would go on drives to see them in bloom. My step dad, Gary, would find meadows speckled and sprinkled with the fragrant flora. They were amazing and a memory I will never forget.

With my folks living in California... they have never experienced the wild flowers of Texas. My mom has never even seen Blue Bonnets or Indian Paint Brush... two flowers I know she would adore.

So, when the wild flowers were in bloom... I took the kids out to see them so I could hopefully get a couple of shots.

Unfortunately, it was super windy and the kids didn't want to cooperate.

When Alex and Gray were babies.. I could sing the ABC's for them and they would be all smiles. Now, they know my tricks... and none of them work anymore LOL. So, pictures with them both looking at me, SMILING, is nearly impossible.

Here are some of the better pictures from that day. Grayson, would pick me some flowers and bring them to me. He is such a sweet boy.

0 comments: