CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

Looking back at my childhood... I always remember the 4th of July as the start of summer. BBQs, watermelon, picking all types of fruit; Those are a few of the memories I can see vividly.

We would often head to Pierce College for the fireworks display. A inexpensive outting that called for a lot of walking!! But the walking and talking and people watching is what made it fun.

The fireworks were mediocer but the memories are outstanding.

This year for 4th of July, Brian and I decided to take the kids camping. And I think this going to be a start of a new Stone tradition.

Luckily for us, we have a lake and camping spots across the street from where we live; Cedar Hill State Park. This was a great option for us being the first time the twins went camping. We made sure they had everything they needed, including their wadding pool :)

Hopefully, the weekends events made memories for the kids that they will hold true to their hearts. I know it made tons of memories for me.



1 comments:

Lani said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to take my kids camping!