CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

S.P.I. Vacation 2009

For those who don't know, S.P.I stands for South Padre Island, Texas. It's a marvelous island off the coast of Texas near Port Isabel.

Brian's family has been vacationing there for decades!! Craig, Brian's father remembers going to the island with his family and having to take a ferry boat across. How neat!! And Terry, Brian's mother, remembers when the island had hardly anything.

Now, S.P.I. is one of the nation's top rated beachs AND one of the WILDEST Spring Break locations!!

Thankfully, vacation is AFTER spring break. I have seen some documentaries on S.P.I.'s spring break on tv and it gets crazy!! I don't think I could deal with that many drunken loonies.

This year, we went on our family vacation to S.P.I. from July 17- 25 and we had a wonderful time!!

Alexandra and Grayson were only 8 months old last year, when we went, and they didn't really get to play in the sand and waves very much. They were just a tad too young. Well, they made up for it this year!!

Alexandra and Grayson played in the sand, splashed in the waves, feed the seagulls, and even kissed a fish!! They had a blast. Not to mention, they did all this without getting sun burnt!! Yay!!

I was so worried that they would get sun burnt. I used Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby Sunblock and had no issues. Gray has fairer skin then Alex and it tends to be a little more sensitive. He did not get red nor did he get any rashes from the sunscreen :) I highly recommend this product and will use it in the future.

Here are some picture's from our wonderful time!! I can still hear the crash of the waves when I look through these.


I have always been a huge fireworks fan and I don't think there was a better way to end our vacation then watching fireworks from the Bay on the boat at night. It was marvelous!!

0 comments: