CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Ghosts, Goblins and Bam Bam & Pebbles!!

It has been a hectic in the Stone household.

Like many people, we are getting ready for the holidays but we are also getting ready for the twins' second birthday and the new baby!! Two very exciting milestones in our lives.

The holidays, in our house, start with Halloween (one of my FAVORITE holidays!!)

I have been planning the kids' costumes since last year... the plans for trick or treating were really up in the air since Brian had to work Halloween day. But things turned out perfectly!! I don't think I could have conjured up a better first trick-or-treating evening.

Around 5:30pm... I got a call from Brian. He was finishing up his job and should be home around 7 pm. GREAT, I thought. The kids had just woken up from their nap and I had a chance to feed them and get them ready for the evening.

Halloween day was GORGEOUS. There were blue skies and it was 77 degrees out.

The kids and I ate some sloppy joes, mac & cheese and salad and then put our costumes on. Yes, I dressed up. Well, sort of. I wore my "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" t-shirt :) and was shocked it fit well.

The kids dressed up as Pebbles & Bam Bam!!



So after we ate a supper... the kids and I walked to the only house on our block that gives out candy. I wanted to make sure they weren't going to be scared and that things in the evening when Brian got home would go well.

As we walked up to the house... the kids were in awe!!



The huge ghost, scary music, and skeltons didn't bother them one bit. I guess they thought their buckets were helmets HAHAHA. Alexandra cracks me up.

They walked up to the front door, with me of course, and they said "trick or treat?" I don't think they were expecting candy... in fact I am not sure what they were expecting but they were very happy with their candy!!



When daddy got home... we headed out again. This time, we had on leggings and long sleeve shirts. While the day was a nice 77 degrees, the evening temperatures dropped quickly. I am thinking it was in the 50's.

Brian is an awesome dad... and it just showed through more when he trick or treated with the kids


We only trick or treated about 10 houses but we had a blast!! I can't wait for next year. Now, I must think of some costume ideas that include three little ones. I guess, it will be easier to figure something out once the baby get's here... since we still do NOT know the sex.


0 comments: