I have a 3 year old Sony Cyber-Shot 12.1 but it has seen better days.
It has gotten wet... in rain and with wet hands, not dropped in a sink full of dishes or anything like that. It has been sandy, dirty, and sticky. It has really held up and I am impressed.
There are a few things I don't/ didn't like though:
- Does not take an SD card... Takes a Sony Memory StickDuo
- Takes a long time to focus and shot on Auto
- The shutter will not close anymore (seems that cybershots have issues with their shutter
- It does not consistently take good photos
- Video recording ability (use it almost daily)
- Manual options
- Compactness (it's a word I just made up)
That being said, I am looking for a great PNS camera with:
- Manual Mode (I love shooting my DSLR but it's not always practical)
- Video recording
- SD card