CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Warmed my {HEART}

After posting "I am a Good Mommy" one of my good friends posted this about: 

"Oh no! I love that about you! Being in childcare as long as I have, professionally, in my own home and even with my own kids, I have seen some crazy over-protective moms out there! I think you have a wonderful mix of caution and tolerance. ...Some things need happen for the kids to grow and learn. Kids need to fall down and experience that "if I run in flip flops I am going to eat the pavement" or "if I jump on the bed, I am going to fall off or hit my head". Moms can preach these things all day long and the kid will be fearful to try anything on their own as they get older or will rebel. But, at the same time, you have to use caution on the things that could seriouslly hurt them. Sometime you have to let the kids find things on their own, discover things on their own and become their own person. You are doing a great thing with your kids... just keep on doing what you are doing and ignore the family! ;)"

Hearing this from a mother I admire totally makes my day and warms my heart!!!

0 comments: